Rotator cuff Injuries can be debilitating, causing significant pain and limiting daily activities. Traditional surgical methods for repair often involve invasive procedures and have more lengthy recovery times. A revolutionary solution has emerged in recent years, the REGENETEN Implant. This innovative technology has transformed the way we look at rotator cuff repair, offering numerous benefits and improving patient outcomes.
If you are needing rotator cuff repair, consider these benefits when deciding on the REGENETEN Implant:
- Non-Invasive Approach: Unlike traditional surgical methods that require large incisions, the REGENETEN Implant can be inserted Arthroscopically. By keeping the integrity of the healthy tissues, less pain is experienced with a quicker recovery.
- Natural Healing: The Implant is specifically designed to promote the body's natural healing as the implant gradually dissolves. Your own cells infiltrate the implant, forming new tendon-like tissue to restore your tendon to its optimal function.
- Faster Recovery: With this minimally invasive approach and the implant's regenerative abilities, patients who undergo rotator cuff repair with the REGENETEN Implant experience significantly shorter recovery times.
- Maintain Structure: The new tissue formed within the implant mimics the properties of the original tendon structure, therefore providing strength and stability to the joint. Providing strength in the joint reduces the risk of a recurring injury.
- Long-Term Success: Patients who represent partial tears and degenerative rotator cuff disease have shown excellent outcomes with significant pain relief even a year after the procedure.1 The ability to restore the tendon's integrity has proven to be highly effective in promoting successful outcomes. Recent scientific studies have shown that this implant significantly reduces the risk for a re-tear by 86%.
The REGENETEN Implant represents an advancement in the field of rotator cuff repair. Its success makes it a valuable option for both patients and Surgeons. This procedure holds promise to the future of repair, to continue helping patients like you restore and maintain their quality of life. If you are ready to get back to a pain-free life, contact Dr. Kai Mithoefer at New England Center for Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Boston Sports & Shoulder Center for a consultation.
Dr. Kai Mithoefer is board certified in both orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine and is a fellowship-trained shoulder specialist. Dr. Mithoefer is an internationally recognized specialist for complex shoulder and knee injuries with over 15 years of experience with the treatment of work-related injuries. Dr. Mithoefer has published more than 100 scientific articles and book chapters and is a frequent speaker at national and international orthopedic meetings.